12.01.2009

FINALLY!

My head is spinning, my stomach is turning, my vision is a bit blurry, my thoughts are all out of order and scattered. I feel high. I'm really overwhelmed. I'm so happy but terrified to be as happy as I want to be. You get a little gun shy after being out of work this long.

Today marks one year TO THE DAY from the day I was laid off. It makes for a very auspicious day for me to get the job offer I've been waiting for.

A boutique agency I've been with since I moved called me last Tuesday with a job they thought I might be right for. Honestly I'd forgotten about them since they've never called me for anything. I told them I was able to interview Wednesday (before Thanksgiving) and it worked out. I had a GREAT meeting and was asked to come back Monday night to meet with everyone else. The deal was sealed about 30 minutes ago and I start on Thursday. In my upcoming blogs I'll discuss the company more and what I'll be doing. I'll be EA/PA to the President/CEO of a sort of entertainment/hospitality/travel company. It's very exciting and the job could sort of turn into anything. It's a very entrepreneurial and creative atmosphere and from the moment I met with the first person there, I felt that this was the job I'd been looking for the past year.

I know that with a new job comes the return of some of the self confidence I've lost in the past 12 months. I could really use that right now.

My parents arrive on December 8th and will be here for a week. The company told me that I can work 9-1 or 2pm on the days they're here so I can see them, which I find incredibly generous.

I'm really excited to start on this new path in this new city with my new man.

5 comments: