3.06.2010

Happy Saturday!

It's the end of my first week of a shortened commute and the beginning of my first weekend living in DC. My first 4 nights were tough. Chhaya meowed up a STORM and I didn't get more than 3 hours of sleep at a time.

I'
ve gotten a lot more unpacked than I figured I would, but I need to get a bunch of hangers and a few underbed boxes to get all of these clothes unpacked. This is going to be a weekend of just taking care of myself and relaxing.

Still REALLY liking my job and the people there. Every day I feel like I'm really contributing to the success of the business. The company is SOOOOO interesting and I really dig what we do. I'm still struggling, however, with not being in New York. My mantra has always been "things happen how they are supposed to happen" and "everything happens for a reason". I am staying true to these and trying to make every day a positive experience.

Today I'm off to a nice 25 minute walk to get a mani/pedi and then a massage, which I truly need.
This evening I want to dive head first into the unpacking to get it all finished so I can get busy on other things. I worked out this morning downstairs in my gym, so at least I'm off to a good start!

Tomorrow I plan on visiting the
National Zoo. I going to see the big cats and the great apes, my favorites :-). If I'm finished in time, I might try and catch Shutter Island at the theater by my apt.

By the way, here are a few pix of my building.


No comments:

Post a Comment