3.18.2010

Spring Fever!

Spring is finally here! It's supposed to be 68 degrees here by the time I get off work today!

Of course, I'm at work now, but with such a light day decided to browse around the net and put my thoughts on virtual paper.

I started my exercise regimen last weekend and have started eating as clean as possible in hopes of getting back in pre-unemployment shape by Memorial Day.

I haven't really been doing much here lately, but I'm starting to ease into getting out of the house. It's hard being somewhere you don't exactly feel like you fit in. I just feel a little out of place. It also feels more difficult to meet people. When I moved to New York, it just "felt" different. There are SO many places to go and anyone and everyone will talk to you. People walking down the street say 'hello' in NY. I still haven't had that here. I've noticed that the bulk of the population is very young and/or married. I'm not saying all of this to make excuses, rather explain where my mind is at. I'm going to give it another go this weekend and have a nice sunshine filled brunch on Saturday before running errands. Then I'm thinking about hitting the Zoo on Sunday.

My apartment is together, everything unpacked (except for a few pesky boxes of clothes hidden in the closet), furniture built, everything put away. Chhaya is liking the sliding glass doors and I'm generally content other than the lack of natural light in the apartment. I can see the sunlight on the hill outside, but it jussssssst won't reach me. NOW I NEED SOME VISITORS!! *hint hint*

Things I'm grateful for (and looking forward to) this spring:
1. Fresh flowers on the living room table
2. The Cherry Blossom Festival starting in a few weeks
3. The perfect flavored iced coffee
4. Swimming in my new pool
5. The smell of lavender
6. Seeing the animals at the National Zoo on a sunny Saturday afternoon after a bloody mary brunch7. Long run/walks in Rock Creek Park
8. Crisp new cotton sheets
9. Spring dresses
10. Saying thank you

It looks like Sarah might be visiting for the Festival at the end of the month, and not long after that I'll be in NYC for the weekend.

This weekend it's brunch in the sunshine with the location as yet TBD, mattress shopping (I MUST get this done this weekend!!!!!!), pedicure and lots of walking. A few calls to NY girlfriends to keep me (somewhat) sane are in order as well.

VACAY PLANS: Thailand with Jamie or NoLa/Savannah with Andreen or Alecia. One of these ladies better hurry up and commit or I'm about to head out solo!

OOH OOOHHH!!! Lady Gaga tickets go on presale on Friday and I'm snagging up a few seats at Madison Square Garden for July 6th. The first time I saw her was in NYC with Lisa, Felicia and Denis. Who will I go with this time?? Be nice and it might be YOU! The BEST time and the BEST show!! Can't wait!

Time to get back to LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment