4.27.2009

Long Weekend


For such beautiful weekend weather, it seemed cloudy to me. My dad called me on Saturday morning, and when I saw it was his cell phone on my caller ID, I knew something was wrong. My brain was scanning every possibility in the seconds before I answered. Well, I was right. He proceeded to tell me that my gramma was in the hospital ICU. She has had some complications with medication, and is now basically in a medical induced coma. The flood of emotion was immediate and strong. I got down on my knees and prayed for her protection. Because of my faith, I don't think death is a bad thing, it releases the soul to move forward. If she is hurting or in pain or miserable, then I just pray that she is comforted. I want god to watch over and protect her. I love her so much. From what my parents told me, we should know a bit more on Wednesday.

I had already made plans with Sarah to go to her friend's apt. for a BBQ. What a small world it is. Sarah is from New Zealand, and this is a friend of hers from there that now lives here, and just 1 block from my apt. I held back the tears long enough to go and have a bite to eat, but I had such a headache I had to bow out early.

As for the rest of the weekend, I couldn't focus on my reading for work, so I just took some long walks and relaxed. My friend was in town for the NFL draft, and his time freed up pretty late on Sunday, but since I'm not working, I decided to meet him out. We ended up at a place that's normally a restaurant, but last night we drank wine and danced to middle eastern/greek/hip hop/punjab/house music while girls danced on top of the bar and tables. It was a very strange but really fun scene.

It's Monday now, and I've sent out resumes, made some calls, booked 2 meetings for tomorrow, and I have a webinar tonight at 8pm.

Now I'm off to go print up some business materials and go knock out 60 minutes of cardio.

P.S. If anyone out there has a spare moment, could you please pray for my grammie?

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your gramma hon! Take care..*hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry about her. I pray, God blesses her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hang in there. whatever is meant will be. Just be strong so you can help your family out when they need it, i'm sure you're using them as well. let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey woman!

    Now I get why you were sad! I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I'll sa a prayer for her!

    ReplyDelete