4.24.2009

Head in the Clouds


Ahh, another week gone by.

Well I met with yet another recruiter today, then spoke with someone else and scheduled a phone interview for Tuesday. I took a different route by going to actual company websites and applying for positions or just sending my resume to HR asking them to keep it on file. Well, one of them called and we'll see what happens.

What I'm even MORE excited about is starting my own company (again). I'm going to file next week for my fictitious name and I'm still researching and deciding on names. On Monday, I have my final webinar with the company who is hiring my services. I will be representing an ESCO, or energy service company. If you have, for example, Con Ed or National Grid here in NY, then you pay the utility a set amount per therm of gas, in addition to sales tax/fees, etc... Since deregulation, gas can be purchased at a lower rate and without sales tax. Your gas is still delivered through Con Ed, and you get the same bill and service, but just pay a lower amount. Seems like a no brainer to me. I will be making presentations to business owners or facilities or property managers. It's an exciting opportunity and can be very lucrative.

It's also an exciting day because my friend is in town from L.A. to work the NFL Draft. I haven't seen him since last year's draft, so I look forward to Sunday (unless he scores me some actual tickets).

It's going to be 88 degrees this weekend, so that's even more motivation to crack the whip at the gym. I feel a renewed motivation and will keep everyone updated on my progress. I feel like when I post my accomplishments, it makes me more accountable.

Also, check out the ads on my page for discount health plans. They're available in virtually EVERY state. If you or someone you know needs dental or medical coverage at a low rate, don't hesitate to contact me through the sites posted. The inquiry will go directly to me. I use the plan myself, and I'll tell you it's already saved me over $200.

Hasta Luego folks!

Footnote: I'm craving oysters like crazy!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear more about the company! Did I mention I started one to deal with all my travels and such. It's evolving.

    ReplyDelete