7.14.2009

Basura!


Well, THAT was a waste of time! I went to a job interview Monday morning before work. My appointment was at 8:30am. I was on time. The person I was meeting wasn't. Remember, I have a day job on Wall Street that starts at 8:30am. At 9am, the woman decides to show up, only to tell me the job is TEMP. Temp for a month to "see how it goes". Seriously? I called my headhunter and let him know I was not pleased. He said he thought I knew it was temp. Riiiiiiiiight. I'm not about to give up a day job, underwhelming as it is, for an unsure thing. Needless to say I was 1 1/2 hours late for work, and they noticed. I'm on the roster for 2 more (GOOD) interviews, and I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to get to them.

I feel like I'm trapped in a box. Trying so hard to get out, clawing the doors, digging under the walls, but getting nowhere. Maybe running in place is a better analogy. I know that I have to keep going, keep running until I reach my destination. Gotta admit I'm exhausted. I've been hearing and reading about some people who have been unemployed or underemployed for 1-2 years. That CAN'T happen to me, right? NO WAY. Some people have even stopped looking. Well I'm not 'some people'. I'm not giving up until I get what I'm worth.

I've also been speaking with my best friend from High School. I'm going to meet up with her in the next month to go wine tasting. She lives in Boston, so I'll take the bus to her and maybe we'll head someplace beautiful like Vermont. SO excited for that. In addition, I'm going to head up to Toronto in a few weeks and we'll see what happens there. ;-) Thanks for that little push, Andreen. ALSO, I have a great friend coming out next week from L.A. to visit for a bit. SO excited. Paris to NYC. :-)

Now, if I could just get all that laundry done...

Not sure about the Grandma front. She's hanging in there. I'm going to give her a call this week.

Also, if you're feeling spiritual, send out a prayer, chant, good thought, silent moment for my friend Chrissy. She has a blood clot in her lung and she's in the hospital. Chrissy rocks. Let's pray for her to get back on her feet again quickly so she can get back into the haute couture. (Ya, she's a model). To help you with your prayers, here's a pic of her. HOT right??

2 comments:

  1. Keep ya head up woman! The job search process is daunting and soul crushing at times.

    I'm glad I could give you that push!

    ReplyDelete