7.29.2014

Day 2 With Chrissy

Morning always comes too quickly. Especially with this job I dread showing up to every day.  I had to leave early today to tend to a broken a/c (not the type of thing you want in the summer, especially with a fluffball of a cat).  I felt like I was asking to go traipse around Manhattan the way I was looked at and spoken to after telling my boss I had to meet the repair person.  Thing is, I don't care at this point, so I just basically said "I have to go".  End of story.

Thank goodness Chrissy was here, she ended up dealing with one of the repair guys, who couldn't fix it.  Unfortunately, everything has to be overly complicated, so I had to still run out and purchase a drill because I wasn't going to pay $169 for someone to remove an a/c from my window.  Also had to con P.C. Richard into picking up my old a/c, delivering a new one.  Then book someone for tomorrow to come out and install it. 

FF I had an interview this afternoon.  SUPER exciting company.  Super exciting position.  Not going to let myself get remotely excited about it, because if I don't get it, the disappointment will be way too much to handle.

Met Chrissy for a Magners, then headed home to attempt the a/c removal.

2 blondes, 2 beers and 5 flights up... SUCCESS!!
After removal - we discovered the "Ghost" pane... just click the hyperlink if your memory is eluding you, and see below for reference. 
Landlord is currently on his way over with a contractor to get it fixed.  Secretly hoping to get new windows out of this ordeal.

Exhausted for now, trying not to think about going to work tomorrow.  Going to start focusing on the next few exciting weeks I have coming up.  Scotland friends in NYC, going to Scotland, Loon next month... All EXCITING stuff!  I shouldn't be this down and anxious! 

I know my writing is all over the place lately (as is my brain). I'm just sort of letting it pour out for now and I feel like the more I write,  the more I'll get back to my own patterns.


No comments:

Post a Comment