7.27.2014

Positions

"There is a huge difference between leadership and simply using one’s title, position and given authority, to exercise political and/or bureaucratic power. "

I promised myself I'd blog before the weekend is up.  I wanted to do 2-3 postings, but here I am at just one.  Better than nothing.

So I'm sitting here in a roasting hot apartment - my a/c broke this afternoon - on the eve of another week at XX Corp. Sundays are sort of the worst.  Basically, all day I dread Monday. It's really awful and actually shortens my enjoyable weekend.

I never felt this way in DC.  I never had stress or anxiety about going back to work on Monday, in fact, I looked forward to it.  I really need to stop beating myself up over the decisions I've made, as they're already made.  What I can do is make BETTER decisions for my future. 

I'm still on the fence about which program to pursue.  I SWEAR it's not just due to indecision, but I don't want to invest $5-7k on something if I'm not making the most educated decision I can.  I have set the absolute goal that I will be enrolled in something before I leave for Scotland on Aug. 14th.  I'm sticking to that.

Going to go read a bit of my book and do some thinking before heading to sleep.  Chrissy lands in NY tomorrow morning for 3 days.  It will be really nice to have a friend around, but I need to make sure I stick with my workout program and not go off course too much.  I feel like I'm really in a pattern now, which is fantastic.  It's really that and the ASF that keeps me sane right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment